Due to our increasing workload, Cowan & Co are looking for an experienced Building Surveyor to join our busy Preston office and further strengthen our Building Surveying division.
Within this role you will assist both public and private sector clients across the whole of the North of England, predominantly within the education, commercial and ecclesiastical sectors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing instructions from inception to completion
- Demonstrating and providing high level core Building Surveying skills
- Coordinating client and contractor liaison
The scope of work that the successful candidate would be involved with includes:-
- Detailed evaluations of building defects
- Preparation of designs and specifications
- Contracts administration
- Project monitoring
- Building condition surveys including quinquennial inspections
PERSONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following:-
- Be a professionally qualified Building Surveyor or working towards professional status with experience within a similar practice
- Commercial awareness
- Exceptional core building surveying skills
- Good working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Excellent communication skills and report writing skills
- An enthusiastic approach in the delivery of commissions
- Personal experience of CAD packages is essential
- A current and clean driving license
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining our team please email a copy of your CV by Friday 13th March to firstname.lastname@example.org